SIX is driving the transformation of financial markets, we are at the forefront of innovation and a passionate advocate for FinTech.
With offices in 33 locations, we have stood for innovation and stability on the global financial markets since 2008 but our roots go back to the 1930s. SIX provides technical infrastructure and services to banks and other international financial institutions. We run the stock exchanges in Zurich and Spain, offer global clearing and settlement services, sell financial information around the world and provide secure payment solutions to clients in Switzerland.
Specialist Financial Accounting & Regulatory Reporting
As Specialist Financial Accounting & Regulatory Reporting, you will be part of the General Ledger team and be processing daily business activities (accounting entries, mapping of interface data, reconciliation, etc.) and contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities. You will be responsible for selected legal entities and lead the projects in your area of responsibility (Business Unit Banking Services). In this context you will closely work together with different departments to assure that the financial statements are prepared according to local GAAP (Swiss Code of Obligations) and IFRS and to ensure that management requirements are met. During the audit you will be the point of contact for the legal entities in your area of responsibility. Additionally, together with your colleagues you will be preparing financial statements in accordance with FINMA Accounting Ordinance (RelV FINMA) and regulatory reports to the Swiss Financial Market Authority (FINMA) and the Swiss National Bank (SNB).
You will be embedded in an international team and interact with different departments. You should like to communicate with different people, analyze processes and be open to new ideas and changes. You should possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. Possible start date is 1st January 2022 or later.
- independently processes daily business activities (i.e. maintains accounting records by daily booking and reconciling of accounting documents) and leading the monthly, quarterly and annually closing process for selected entities
- preparation of financial statements in accordance with Swiss Code of Obligations and FINMA Accounting Ordinance (RelV-FINMA)
- preparation of regulatory reports (e.g. Capital adequacy reporting) to FINMA and SNB
- close cooperation with Tax, Controlling and Group Reporting Team
- Lead ad-hoc tasks and projects
- university or university of applied sciences (FH) in Finance & Accounting or Business Administration
- minimum of 4 years of experience in accounting and financial reporting or in an audit firm performing audits in the financial service sector
- good understanding of business processes
- experience with capital adequacy reporting is an advantage
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
- verbal and written skills in English and German