Reserving Actuarial Analyst - Centre of Excellence 80-100%
In this exciting role you will join the dynamic team of Commercial Reserving within our Non-Life Actuarial Centre of Excellence (CoE). The CoE Zurich is responsible for reserving the General Insurance business in various European countries as well as the Commercial Insurance business in Europe.
What you will do
- You prepare and perform actuarial analysis including loss projections, technical reserves calculation for gross and reinsurance layers and cash flow projections
- You develop and automate the reserving and financial reporting processes within the actuarial CoE. You design innovative solutions and collaborate with other actuaries and IT functions in the group. Eventually, you ensure the appropriate execution and transition of new processes into business as usual.
- You ensure that processes and standards are consistent with internal Zurich actuarial policies and guidance as well as existing regulations
- You coordinate with finance and accounting to ensure the adequacy of the balance sheet and profit and loss
- You prepare and communicate the quarterly actuarial reserve report to the chief actuary
- You provide finance, other reserving actuaries, pricing, underwriting and claims with insights into underlying performance and implication for the business
- You perform deep dive reserving analyses on specific portfolios
What you bring
- Completed university degree in mathematics, physics, actuarial sciences, statistics or a related field
- Either partly qualified actuary (per local society) or willing to pursue the actuarial qualification
- Experience with reserving methods is an advantage.
- Data management and good programming skills (e.g. SAS, VBA, Python, R) are considered a strong advantage
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Team player showing enthusiasm, curiosity and positive attitude
- Excellent English language skills. French and German are of advantage.
Talent Acquisition Consultant: Jörg Lindemann (076 395 70 16)
Full time and part time: 80-100%
Work location: Zurich, Oerlikon
Flexwork according to internal guidelines up to approx. 50% possible (maximum 20% abroad).
We look forward to receiving your online application - even without a cover letter.
You are welcome to convince us of your motivation in a personal meeting.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Our talent acquisition and hiring processes respect this commitment daily. Join Zurich and be part of this culture.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.