Enabling Qapital Ltd. (EQ) is a leading Impact Investment Advisory Company dedicated to a world where investments provide a financial and social return. Following the objective to have a positive economic, social, and environmental impact.
EQ currently advises USD 500m in Assets within the EMF Microfinance and the Spark+ Africa Fund (in cooperation with the Clean Cooking Alliance from the UN Foundation).
EQ has roughly 50 Team Members based in Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Kenya, Pakistan, India, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Canada, Mexico, and Ecuador to provide its services globally.
Enabling Qapital is moving money to meaning
Head of Risk Management
Description of Function
Management level oversight and management/mitigation of all risks related to the activities of the firm, reporting directly to the Managing Partner Team, with additional reporting line to the Board of Directors.Enabling Qapital is about to go under FINMA as manager of collective assets.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Overall development, implementation, management, and reporting of the risk frameworks, all in compliance with best industry practices and regulatory norms.
- Management/monitoring/reporting of credit risks of the funds managed by the firm
- Management of problem loans, assistance in negotiation and restructuring plans thereof.
- Member of the Risk Committee; the Investment Committee, and member of the leadership team of the firm.
- Expertise in the financing (debt/equity) of emerging market transactions, with a minimum of seven years in a senior capacity with demonstrated leadership contributions
- Detailed knowledge/experience of/in Swiss regulatory landscape (FinIA, FinSA, FinMIA, etc.).
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English (bilingual fluency with another major language (Spanish, German, French, Russian expected)
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills (including, but not limited to credit risks)
- Excellent leadership, people management, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, satisfy deadlines, consistent attention to detail, and manage multiple priorities
- Advanced degree in economics, finance or related field, professional certifications (CFA)
- English fluency (written and spoken)
- Minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience in leadership roles, predominantly in the banking/finance sector
- Extensive experience working in developing and frontier markets
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail.
Based in Switzerland, regular travel between Geneva and/or Zurich. Occasional international travel.
- Deadline application: June 30, 2022.
- Please send your CV, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure to include application documents, salary expectations and possible starting date.
- Thanks for your interest but ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.