VP Finance (m/f/d)
In the current growth scenario and the expectations of strong revenue growth of the company in the medium term, there is a need to hire a new VP Finance, who will further develop and transform people, processes and resources to achieve this goal.
Reporting to Berlinger’s CEO and being part of the Executive Team, the hired person will be responsible for the Finance, IT and the Processes Departments.
This is a fundamental role in the organisation, acting as sparring partner for the Board of Directors, the CEO as well as the other members of the Executive Team at Berlinger Group.
The core responsibilities in each of these areas can be summarised as follows:
Finance & Controlling
- Driving the implementation of the corporate strategy from a finance perspective
- Responsibility for creating profit & loss statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements for all group companies
- Managing quarterly and yearly closing, including external audits
- Developing and managing mid-term-plan and budget processes, including related review processes
- Developing and managing reporting tools and processes
- Building and running a meaningful KPI structure
- Challenging Executive Team and Board members, acting as a sparring partner for them
- Active cash flow and foreign exchange management
- Managing transfer pricing and related agreements
- Being the key contact window for financial partners
IT & Process Management
- Driving the implementation of the corporate strategy from an IT perspective
- Managing the implementation of the functional IT strategy
- Driving the further digitalisation of the company (tools and processes), ensuring the scalability of the process landscape
We are looking for an experienced finance professional with a bachelor or master’s degree in a finance related discipline, who brings at least 10 years of experience in a similar role, with a background in a Small or Medium sized company with international scope.
There is a strong preference for hiring somebody who has experience in and a flair for working for a family-owned company and who is able to manage the bridge between the company operations and the family shareholders.
We expect affinity with digital transformation and a good understanding of the new business models that are enabled through digitalisation. A deep know-how on ERP systems is key in this context.
Furthermore, we are looking for a pragmatic personality, somebody humble, down-to-earth, with an open mentality, capable to be involved in the business and to make strategic decisions, as well doing hands-on tasks when needed.
We expect that the hired candidate can cope well with change and brings the capacity to adapt to a very dynamic environment and lead the transition into new business models and the growth of the organisation.
The position requires fluent German and English language skills, both are working languages.
This is a unique opportunity to join a 157-year-old ‘start-up’ which has meaningful purpose to increase patients’ safety and contribute to clean sports.
Berlinger offers a flexible workspace with the possibility to work on a hybrid way on site / remote up to 60% of the time for this particular role. There is an environment of freedom where innovative ideas and entrepreneurial mindset will be very welcome.
Berlinger is a traditional and independent Swiss company specialised in the production of innovative and customised solutions for monitoring temperature-sensitive goods in the pharmaceutical and medical industry as well as for doping control equipment to ensure safe transportation and storage of urine and blood samples in the sports industry.
Established in 1865 as a weaving manufacturer, Berlinger has developed its business over the years and has become a world-leading manufacturer of doping control equipment and is among the top three leaders in the market of temperature monitoring solutions.
Berlinger’s products are used by international pharmaceutical companies and global health organisations, as well as sports associations and organisers of major sporting events in over 175 countries.
The company is deeply rooted in the Swiss tradition of quality leadership. “Feel safe” is the motto of the 157-year-old family business, which is defined by its continuity and innovations, and plays an important role in patient safety as well as the commitment to clean sports worldwide. Berlinger employs around 150 people globally.Location
Ganterschwil, St. Gallen
Berlinger & Co. AG