- 80 - 100%
At AXA, we see ourselves as a partner that supports and believes in you. This is why we challenge and encourage you and proactively show you opportunities for your future. We motivate you and offer you freedom so that you can bring together things that are important to you. Together with your commitment and individual contribution, this creates a forward-looking partnership. For you, for us and for our customers. And not just for now. But also for the long term.
Write your own success story with us. Know You Can.
Senior Financial Controller (all genders)
Come to AXA, Switzerland's leading insurance company, as
80-100% | Winterthur / Homeoffice (Hybrid)
AXA Liabilities Managers (AXA LM) is AXA Group's P&C run-off specialist. AXA LM has teams in four countries (Paris, France: headquarter; Ipswich, UK; New York, USA and Winterthur, Switzerland). AXA LM manages P&C run-off books for AXA as well as run-off carriers for investment funds (fund business).
AXA LM Switzerland (AXA LM CH) focuses on managing one portfolio for AXA Switzerland as well as two Germany-based regulated companies. Each portfolio / company has international insurance activity and holds liabilities in various jurisdictions.
AXA LM uses a global matrix organization, implying that employees are regularly in touch with colleagues in other countries.
Controlling at AXA LM Switzerland
The controlling team is responsible for:
- All planning, budgeting and reporting activities for the portfolios and companies managed by AXA LM CH, also including the reporting to the regulators (e.g. BaFin), as well as AXA LM CH as a service company. This also includes yearly target setting and review processes.
- Preparing financial information, analyzing deviations and commenting on the development of businesses and results compared to the objectives set for companies and portfolios under management.
- Managing recharges in close coordination with other AXA LM cost centers. In particular, the team is responsible for the correct application of the internal transfer pricing rules and correct invoicing to AXA Group companies or third-party entities which are managed by AXA LM CH.
- Cash management in various currencies, funding of letters of credit
- Contributing to asset management, in close coordination with Paris-based corporate finance team
The team regularly supports senior management with ad hoc queries.
The team is currently comprised of 1 team leader and 3 controllers (including the offered position).
Objectives of the offered position
- The job holder would participate in all processes, with a company specialization.
- The position will be based in Winterthur, Switzerland with a smart working mode (home office up to 40%).
Your capabilities and talents
- High level of numeracy and analytical ability
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Good IT skills (Excel is a must, specific programmes to be used for supervisory reporting)
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work under pressure
- Fluency in English required, German desirable (German is AXA LM CH main working language)
- College or university degree in Finance (e.g., Universitäts- oder Fachhochschulabschluss)
- 2-5 years working experience (preferably in insurance or reinsurance industry)
AXA Liabilities Managers is an international company in the AXA Group specializing in the acquisition and proactive management of run-off business. AXA Liabilities Managers offers its employees an environment that supports ambition, in which performance, personal engagement and responsibility are encouraged.
Our goal is to offer existing and future employees the best working environment possible. Discover more about our distinctions here.
Please contact for any questions you may have regarding this open position Tsering Selang Recruiting Manager via E-Mail email@example.com