Location: Wangen bei Olten, Switzerland
Company: Nestlé Suisse & NiM
Act. Rate: 90%-100%
Type of contact: undefined period
Start: November 2022 or upon agreement
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Dynamic international working environment
The factory in Wangen bei Olten (CH) is a high-performance production company of Nestlé Suisse S.A. and produces high-quality fresh dough of the Leisi, Buitoni and Herta brands for Switzerland and abroad.
As a factory controller, you act as a trusted co-pilot for the factory manager and strong change agent within the Factory Leadership Team to lead initiatives, projects and contribute to the strategic view of the factory. You provide visibility around costs related to the factory processes through the driving of relevant analysis and reporting (monitoring of the budget and controlling the variances), ensure adherence to financial legal requirements and NAS. You are also responsible to coordinate all activities linked with Industrial Performance, IT and systems
A Day in the Life of a Factory Controller
- Work as an integral member of the factory leadership team, providing financial expertise, on a proactive basis.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial plans, including budgets, forecasts and analysis, based on the internal timetable.
- Monitor actual financial performance against plan, perform variance analyses and coordinate the release of metrics and other information.
- Ensure full transparency of costs and financial impact on the organization from major or strategic decisions including new product development.
- Manage of team of 4 people who are specialists respectively in controlling, Industrial performance, manufacturing excellence and digitalization and IT & FAS.
- Challenge assumptions in seeking cost and productivity improvements in factory. Seek for and support cost improvement opportunities, be an active contributor to improvement projects and initiatives, validate and review proposed savings.
- Coach and develop the factory finance personnel as individuals and as a team, including career and succession planning.
- Promote clear understanding of financial key figures and costing within the factory, including organizing training sessions for non-specialists.
- Ensure internal control by implementing necessary procedures and reporting systems.
- Coordinate and be key contact for internal and external audits within the factory.
- Ensure full compliance with Nestle accounting policies, procedures and technical standards.
- Ensure accuracy of capital investment applications and provide financial justification.
- Ensure accuracy of balance sheet positions linked to factory assets and inventories, provide with reliable information and reporting.
What will make you successful
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or equivalent (i.e., HEC, HEG)
- 5-10 years of experience in Finance or Accounting Management experience including Cost Accounting, Finance or General Accounting
- Excellent data analysis and trend identifications skills with a focus on problem solving skills
- Experience in a manufacturing or consumer products company at the plant level desired
- Ability to interface effectively with plant and corporate team members and executives
- Skilled at coaching employees and facilitating process and cultural changes as needed.
- Ability to navigate with uncertainties and comfortable with change management
- Strong organizational and time management skills, serving with a sense of urgency
- Sound knowledge of diverse IT applications/systems
- Proficiency in German and English
At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people's lives that we touch every single day.
Be a force for good. Join Nestlé and visit us on www.nestle.com.