Clariant is a focused, sustainable, and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF 3.8 billion in sales for its continuing businesses, harnessing the talents of its 13 000 employees across 40+ countries. Clariant's portfolio is optimized for future growth, with a focus on three business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis and Natural Resources. We believe that our growth is all about our customers and their success. Investment in innovation capabilities and developing an inspiring environment for courageous and determined minds are therefore key to reaching our goal. Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.
FX-, Rates-, Asset-Manager & Pension Fund Controller
Job ID: 36232 | Location: Pratteln, Canton of Basel-Landschaft, Switzerland
Clariant's Corporate Treasury enables our international group of companies to achieve its goals by providing liquidity and capital, ensuring that our organization has adequate financial resources to meet our ongoing commercial requirements and pursue opportunities. We also support our businesses by managing foreign exchange, interest rate and liquidity risks, debt and investments, and banking relationships. It is an exciting time to join our Corporate Treasury team as we continue to embark on Treasury transformation initiatives to further upgrade our technologies via automation and digitalization to enhance our value proposition to the group.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Treasury we are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious FX-, Rates-, Asset-Manager & Pension Fund Controller (M/F/D) to join our Treasury Controlling & Cash Management Team based at our global headquarters in Pratteln (BL), Switzerland.
- Globally responsible for currency rate risk management in the group
- Responsible for proposing and carrying out FX Hedging activities
- Contact for affiliates and operating units regarding financial risk management
- Responsible for drafting the Group Hedging framework and policy
- Globally responsible for Interest Rate Management in the group
- Involved in all central funding transactions including pre-hedging activities
- Responsible for proposing and carrying out interest rate hedging activities (managing optimal fix/float mix)
- Managing surplus liquidity at Headquarter
- Investments / Borrowing via Fixed Term deposits or other short-term investment products
- Other: M&A transaction-based workload, WACC calculation
- Control, reporting and support function for the Swiss Pension Fund with focus on month/ year end reporting
- Analysis of situation of pension funds and support in the investment decisions
- Monitoring / Controlling of asset allocation rules, investment policies, incl. internal FX overlay mandate
- Contact for all cash management related requests for the Swiss pension fund
- University degree or equivalent education in Accounting, Finance or Economics. A Treasury professional qualification such as the Swiss Certified Treasurer or ACT Diploma in Treasury is a strong advantage
- At least 7 years of broad Treasury experience within an international group, preferably within a Group Treasury function and working with shared services teams
- Strong working knowledge of Financial Risk Management (FX, Interest Rates) within a corporate treasury environment
- Experienced in Treasury-related accounting, reporting and analysis
- Proficiency in systems, namely ERP and TMS, especially SAP Treasury applications
- Proven experience in managing or involvement in Treasury transformation projects including implementing systems, structures and technologies such as RPA and AI/ML are highly desirable
- Proven project management and stakeholder management skills
- Good reporting skills, especially in the preparation of management reports, dashboards and KPIs.
- Proficiency (verbal and written) in English and German
- Strong growth mindset with a willingness to take on new responsibilities and develop new competencies
- A strong change agent with a team player attitude who uses effective communication and interpersonal skills to influence stakeholders in a multicultural environment.
- We ensure a highly interesting, versatile and challenging work environment
- You will have outstanding influence on daily activities and tasks, with full responsibility for projects assigned
- We offer an attractive and performance-based remuneration and provide the benefits of a modern global company
- We will support your development needs with tailored, individual trainings
Global Talent Acquisition Manager
Phone: +49 619 6757-8912
Clariant is a focused, sustainable and innovative specialty chemical company based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2021, Clariant totaled a staff number of 11 537 and recorded sales of CHF 4.372 billion in the fiscal year for its continuing businesses. The company reports in three business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis and Natural Resources. Clariant's corporate strategy is led by the overarching purpose of 'Greater chemistry - between people and planet' and reflects the importance of connecting customer focus, innovation, sustainability, and people. Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.