SCOR is the 4th largest Reinsurance Company worldwide, following a profit-driven underwriting policy and practising selectively across all branches of reinsurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
The Group's strategy is based on a development model driven by three entities: SCOR Global P&C (Property and Casualty reinsurance), SCOR Global Life (Life reinsurance), and SCOR Global Investments (asset management).
As Tools & Studies Actuary, you will working in our Life & Health division and be part of SCOR's Knowledge department, which encompases global technical functions such as pricing, risk management and R&D. The Knowledge Team is split in nine sub-teams, all of them operate globally and offer tools and support to life pricing functions worldwide to both internal regional and local market clients. As member of the Knowldege team you will be involved in activities such as reporting, tool enhacment and development, manage new business profiatbility tools and conduct actuarial impact studies. Your main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage the quaterly reporting process in particular monitoring the data quality of local markets.
- Define the specifications of the new business reporting tool evolutions in particular its adaptation to the IFRS17 standards and the new profitability KPIs.
- Manage the acceptance tests and the roll out of the new releases of the tool including the end users training.
Pricing/ reporting tool enhancement
- Develop the automation of reporting on the pricing database.
- Participate to the workflows tools integration securing the alignment between internal and external reporting.
Pricing Methodology / Actuarial studies
- Perform impact studies for changes of Pricing Methodology for all its components, especially capital allocation and expenses
- Perform data quality studies to support on-going improvement.
Other and projects
- Produce pricing economic assumptions
- Support the SCOPEuros pricing tool project
Required experience & competencies
- At least 3-5 years professional experience in an actuarial function with experience in reporting and tool enhancement, programming in SAS0.0.
- Numerical programming skills in SAS, simulations and algorithms skills
- Experience in writing specifications for reporting tool as well as in automating reporting tools and data quality management
- Able to train others on tools
- Several years in Financial Services industry, preferably Insurance/Reinsurance or in IT Development in statistics, tool enhancement, complex applications and numerical programming
- Experience in conducting actuarial studies and in writing technical news letters
- Pricing experience and experience in analyzing big data of advantage
- Open minded and curious, interested in new technoloies
- Very good communication skills (in writing and orally) in English and French
- Team spirit
- Strong aptitude, personality, and intellect; common sense and sound judgment.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting needs, handle matters efficiently and proactively, and see projects through to successful completion; able to deal with deadline pressure.