Alpes Lasers SA is a Swiss company specialized in the development and fabrication of advanced light sources in the infrared (IR) spectral range. Our company was founded 25 years ago and was the first company in the world to commercialize Quantum Cascade Lasers (QCLs). These lasers are becoming increasingly important in chemical sensing applications based on IR spectroscopy and in directional infrared countermeasure (DIRCM) applications.
Our company is currently working on the development and launching the production of novel product lines, including high power QCLs, Interband Cascade Lasers (ICLs), tunable lasers, and various laser systems.
Our company has the privilege of participating to numerous European research projects.
Since last year, Alpes Lasers is part of a large International Group.
The Finance Manager, partnering closely with the Managing Director, stands out as an exceptional financier, deeply engaged in managing company finances. Additionally, this role involves a strong commercial awareness, offering valuable insights and guidance on the most beneficial paths for the business's growth.
The Finance Manager oversees all financial aspects of the company and drives the company’s financial strategy and planning, requiring analytical expertise to drive profitability for the company through data analysis.
Working closely with the Corporate Finance team to ensure coordinating activities with corporate finance and overseeing policies related to capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions.
Managing and guiding the finance team through demanding periods including reporting according to USGAAP, following corporate reporting requirements, preparing Finance Committees and Board of Director’s presentations, annual budgeting and forecast.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, the Corporate Finance team and local representatives. Lead or guide the development and execution of the company's financial strategy and provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting and reporting function.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analysis of financial results against budget and forecasting, provide explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Analyse financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Identify, investigate, and analyse potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Guarantee the completion, review, and delivery of corporate reporting requirements.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
- Collaborate on the improvement of the ERP system as a key user.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Advanced finance-related certification, an advantage
- 5 proven years of experience in a similar position preferably in a global company
Experience & Knowledge
- Finance Leadership and managerial experience
- SME financial reporting, budgeting & forecasting
- Managing negotiations and contracting with customers, suppliers & banks
- Broad knowledge of local accounting principles and US GAAP
- Strong involvement in improvement and implementation of an ERP system
- Good Commercial awareness
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Outstanding attention to details with high level of analytical and professional skills
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- Strong problem solving and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Strong English level (B2) C1
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Team focused
- Customer / Quality focused
- Outcome / solution focused
If you want to participate to the next breakthrough idea with our company, please send us your resumé and a motivation letter.