For our client, an international and dynamic firm, which is a leader in its respective industry, we are looking for a Financial Controller. The job holder will be responsible for activities related to financial accounting, controlling, planning and reporting. This is a great opportunity in an international team if you are looking for an all-rounder controller position.
- Managing all Swiss corporate accounting, governance, tax and statutory obligations for allocated legal entities
- Prepare & execute annual budget process for allocated legal entities, according to timetable.
- Monthly financial reporting, including any relevant sub-consolidations, within set deadlines.
- Quarterly financial forecasting for allocated legal entities, within set deadlines.
- Day-to-day operational responsibility including, but not limited to, payment processing & approvals, liaison with office admin staff and tax advisors/authorities.
- Preparation of entity level / sub-consolidation level annual financial statements under US GAAP or Swiss GAAP as applicable.
- Work closely with shared service centre to ensure timely and accurate completion of routine month, quarter and year end tasks.
- Supporting on all aspects of preparation of consolidated accounts and all monthly, quarterly and annual processes including Annual Report and Notes.
- Contribute to technical accounting matters / memo preparation over time.
- Support and carry out ad-hoc tasks, topics and projects, support of overseas accounting teams, presentations for management etc.
- Assisting with the systems and control accounting matters including contributing to the continued development of accounting systems, processes and controls and supporting the general operation of Accounts/Treasury department.
- Support the team with interim and final external audit process, including aspects of technical accounting.
- Managing ad-hoc projects/topics/tasks, liaise with auditors / consultants as allocated / called upon.
- Min 5 years of experience in Financial Controlling or Big 4 Audit
- Knowledge of Swiss GAAP and US GAAP or IFRS.
- Knowledge of group consolidations and preparing group financial statements
- Competent in IT skills including strong Excel skills.
- Personality traits: mature disposition, self-motivated, with good time management and communication skills.
- Flexible demeanour, ability to work with an organized and methodical approach and be able to plan their work within given timescales and deadlines
- Fluent in English, German is an advantage