LEGAL COUNSEL (M/F)
LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
Mercer works with clients in 140 markets around the world, helping them continue to advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset - their people.
Mercer Private Markets ("MPM") is a global specialist for private market investments, offering advisory services, customized
and pooled investment solutions for institutional investors around the world.
We are seeking to strengthen our legal, tax and structuring department to support our fast growing and very successful private markets activities in all legal and tax matters. The candidate will provide day to day legal support to the Mercer Private Markets
+49 (0)211-44779 1403
business group mainly operating out of Switzerland. The role will primarily focus on private markets activities and other investment related activities of Mercer across Europe and Asia.
LEGAL COUNSEL (M/F)
MERCER PRIVATE MARKETS
- Exciting challenge as Legal Counsel in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Occasion to support the relevant Legal colleagues, Legal representatives, the Mercer Private Markets business and the wider business to maintain a professional environment and to achieve compliance with regulations and internal risk management tolerance
- Central Role in supporting the Mercer Private Markets investment process including legal and tax due diligence.
- Role as a key contact person for Private Market investment related topics and further internal working groups as well as contributing to internal trainings
- Responsibility for the monitoring of industry and regulatory developments relevant to Mercer Investment as a whole and for identifying regulatory and business risks and developing the investment control environment accordingly
- Central role in assisting in the management of reviews by third parties. Such reviews may be undertaken by regulators and other authorities, external accountants and other parties for specific reporting to regulators
- Opportunity to collaborate in the various legal projects and contractual work
- Support Mercer Private Markets Group in all corporate legal matters
- Involvement in the alternative investment funds structuring and investment execution process
Mercer Private Markets is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, opportunities to relocate internationally and the career prospects of being part of a fast-growing business.
- Master's degree in law and with an attorney exam
- Minimum of five years' experience relevant to the role, preferably a private market or fund industry, banking, law firm, audit background
- Fluent in English and German, French would be an asset
- A good level of understanding of international regulation and the international financial services environment is desirable
- Knowledge of EU Financial Services and Anglo-Saxon legislation would be beneficial
- A broad understanding of investment markets/strategies and products, particularly in private markets asset class
- Strong business presentation, writing and communication skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill sets and familiarity with working in an international business environment
- A well organized, highly efficient and precise work style
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please send your application mentioning the application number, your preferred entry date and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about Mercer and MPM: http://www.mercer.com.
Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of MARSH & McLENNAN (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people (http://www.mmc.com).
Mercer (Switzerland) SA
Herr Uwe Himmen
Talent Acquisition Consultant