Actuarial Tool Programmer 80-100%, temporary for 6 months
In this role based in Zurich you are part of the Centre of Excellence EMEA. The CoE EMEA is responsible for actuarial reserving of General Insurance business in all European countries under IFRS, and for calculation of technical provisions under Solvency II.
We are currently undertaking an initiative to optimize processes and tools supporting the actuarial reserving process, covering aspects of data preparation, data analysis, booking and reporting.
As an Actuarial Tool Programmer your main responsibilities will involve:
Your Skills and Experience As an Actuarial Tool Programmer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Analysis of existing processes and tools
- Design of simplified and standardized new processes and tools
- Implementation of automated solutions using Excel / VBA / SAS
- Support of local adaptation for reserving tools provided by the Group (ResQ and in-house front-end tools)
Additional Information Primary work location is Zurich-Oerlikon. Some travel activity may be required.
- Good data preparation skills and experience with SAS
- Excellent programming skills and experience with VBA
- Good knowledge and/or experience of effective process design
- Awareness of non-life actuarial reserving methods and/or knowledge of ResQ will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and conscious of deadlines
- Showing enthusiasm and having positive attitude
- Very good German and good English skills
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Dominique Josephine Vögeli is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button "Apply online". You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site. Zurich Virtual Tour Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour. Who we are Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 54,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit. At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Information for recruitment agencies Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.