Bank J. Safra Sarasin Ltd is a leading sustainable private bank, offering all the advantages of the Swiss banking
environment together with dynamic and personalised advisory services focusing on opportunities in international
financial markets. The Bank provides a high level of services and expertise when acting as investor advisor and asset
manager for private and institutional clients. Financial strength, excellent client services and outstanding quality
are therefore key elements of its corporate philosophy.J. Safra Sarasins most valuable capital is its employees. They
are essential to the success of the organisation, now and in the future. Their technical expertise, professional
qualifications and social skills are highly valued by the Groups clients, management and business partners. The
success of J. Safra Sarasin depends on the enthusiasm and commitment of every one of its employees
worldwide.DivisionCorporate Center & LogisticsBusiness UnitBusiness Development & SupportFunction/PositionFinancial
Market Regulations SpecialistLocationBasel or ZurichFunction/Position objectivesYou will be responsible for the
Financial Markets Infrastructure competence center of Bank J. Safra Sarasin AG including its branches and subsidiaries
abroad. This includes the establishment of a centrally run bank control center for FMI regulations such as EMIR, FMIA,
Dodd Frank and MiFIR trading related obligations. You will run and oversee the control center, define efficient control
models, perform such controls, and monitor and drive the related change projects.Responsibilities
- Define control models and set up an FMI competence center which includes global Trading and Derivatives Reporting
obligations (e.g. EMIR, FMIA, MiFIR and Solvency Reporting) as well as other related obligations such as Risk
Mitigation and Clearing. Execute controls, monitor groupwide FMI control processes and assure daily reporting duties
- Perform and take responsibility for the groupwide exception handling and investigation activities for Transaction
Reporting under those regulations. Collaborate with colleagues globally and accross the Bank (Front Units, Trading,
Legal and Compliance, Operations and IT) for an efficient issue solving process.
- Identify on-going potential for improvement of the control models. Setup and lead related change projects and
initiatives. Coordinate implementation with the relevant stakeholders in the Bank.
- Be the global point of contact for any FMI matters and provide assistance throughout the Bank for related questions
and issues. Act as leading Subject Matter Expert and sparring partner for Trading, Front Units and further internal/
external stakeholders and provide guidance and support.
- Be close to the financial market in respect to developments and updates of FMI/ Trading related regulations and
continously build up knowledge and competence in this area.
- Lead projects or perform Subject Matter Expert role for newly identified regulations in the area of Trading and
Financial Market Infrastructure.
- Receive regular updates of Service Providers regarding interface and content specifications. Assess requirements in
conjunction with Legal and IT Departments and coordinate the implementation.
- University degree in the area of Finance, Social Sciences or Business.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in the banking sector. Trading and OTC Derivative knowledge is
essential with an understanding of EMIR/FMIA regulations as well as MiFID/MiFIR.
- Project Management experience is a must.
- Motivating personality and leadership skills to drive things forward.
- Strong prioritization and organization skills are essential. Multi tasking personality and ability to cope with a
variety of resonsibilities.
- Independent and proactive worker, problem solving attitude.
- Team skills, team player, ability to work with various stakeholders.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Very good computer skills (including Microsoft Office programs); Avaloq know-how is an advantage. Strong excel
skills to analyze high volumes of data.
- Very good writing skills in English and German.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
Activity rate100%Please send your application to:Only direct applications will be considered.