X-Rite is the global leader in color measurement and color management, offering hardware, software and services for measuring, formulating and matching color. The company serves a range of industries, including automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, videos, dental and medical. X-Rite serves customers worldwide from its offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Their world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries. A globally diverse team of 59,000 associates, they are united by our culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which is their competitive advantage. In 2016, they generated 20B in revenue and their market cap exceeded B. They are #149 on the Fortune 500 and their stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20yrs.
Key Responsibility to extend current local capabilities or develop standard process includes:
1. Partner with Senior Management to define long-term profit plan model taking into account: • Financial modeling of revenue growth plan • Investment envelopes required to achieve revenue plan • Sustainable Operating Margin Expansion improvement • Identification of key milestones to success
2. Extend monthly forecast process to include full income statement and working capital metrics • Current processes focused on regional revenue forecast
3. Lead Financial oversight of key Corporate and Regional Policy Deployment initiatives as well as maintain regional Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
4. Implement local Compliance playbook focusing on development of Accounting Team increase ownership of US GAAP Sarbanes-Oxley and Danaher Internal Audit requirements
5. Engage with Credit Department and Regional Sales Team members to understand financial impact (income statement and balance sheet) associated with negotiating varying invoice terms and discounts
6. Partner with EMEA Senior Management to develop or enhance reporting to allow for improved operational efficiencies and close alignment between the differing X-Rite functions and the Company’s financial performance
7. Assist in sharing best practices with other Regional Finance teams and benchmarking current EMEA practices against other X-Rite regions and Danaher operating companies.
8. Develop local Finance team capability map and career development plans. Improve EMEA succession planning for all Finance functions.
9. Assist in M&A activities focused in EMEA region
Accountability for Key Tasks where standard work exists and have been deployed include:
1. Oversight of month-end close process and standard accounting processes; • Reconciliations • Intercompany • Fixed Assets • Cash Applications • Accounts Payable
2. Execution of standard sales forecast process; development, communication, and maintenance
3. Review of foreign exchange management and risk, sign-off on monthly foreign exchange exposure and currency trade settlements
4. Review of statutory audit reports and understanding of Corporate tax initiatives
5. Assure proper controls in place to maintain compliance with all statutory (local and United States) governing regulations.
6. Perform specific projects for finance
1. Ten years’ business/accounting and supervisory experience must have experience in global organizations.
2. Advanced degree in Accounting/Finance and CPA required.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence through creating followership; exceptional team leadership skills and ability to develop, engage, and evaluate team members
4. Interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with all levels of personnel both internal and external.
5. Advanced knowledge of accounting principles/practices, knowledge of taxing authority regulations and ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
6. Demonstrated commitment of professionalism, confidentiality, integrity, and sound judgment in conducting business affairs.
7. Ability to effectively perform the above mentioned essential job functions.
The position is based in Zurich-Regensdorf, Switzerland
What you can expect
At X-Rite / Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Please send your full application including, CV, Coverletter and Diplomas to the address below:
X-Rite Switzerland GmbH
Herr Hanspeter Simmer
044 842 18 33