Senior Stochastic Economic Scenarios Expert 80-100%
As a key member of the Group Life Actuarial Methodology and Development team, you will be responsible for leading the development and maintenance of the stochastic Economic Scenarios Generator (ESG) methodology for IFRS17, Solvency II and Swiss Solvency Test (SST) for the whole Zurich Group.
Interested in gaining detailed first-hand insights into advanced financial models, their implementation and their importance for market consistent valuations from a truly global perspective?
As a Senior Stochastic Economic Scenarios Expert you will:
- Lead overall ESG methodology enhancements and maintenance for market consistent valuations of the whole Zurich Group
- Understand and document highly technical details on mathematical theory, calibration approaches and numerical implementation of various stochastic models.
- Develop existing ESG methodology, parameterization, implementation and processes for IFRS17, Solvency II and SST as well as for other market consistent economic valuation frameworks.
- Communicate complex technical topics across the whole organization to both technical and non-technical audiences (e.g. senior management).
- Manage relations with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g. business units across the globe, Group Risk management, Group Investment management, etc.)
- Keeping abreast of latest industry developments and best practice on ESG in order to identify and implement future developments across the whole Zurich Group.
Required Skills and Experience
As a Senior Stochastic Economic Scenarios expert your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- 5+ years of experience with ESG or other related topics, ideally working for an insurance Group or for financial consultancies.
- Masters degree in finance/data science/maths/physics or similar. A PhD and/or actuarial qualification is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of the mathematical theory behind a wide range of stochastic financial models and of their numerical implementation, calibration and usage (e.g. LMM+, TVDV, 2FVasiceck, G2/G3 etc.).
- Deep understanding of the interrelations between ESG and the market consistent valuation of life insurance liabilities.
- Practical experience with Moody's Analytics ESG tools is a must.
- Experience with Excel/VBA and Python or other data science languages is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in working with DevOp tools (e.g. Bitbucket) is an advantage as well as a strong capability of investigating new IT solutions to better meet business needs.
- Independence and ability to develop innovative solutions with a problem-solving and solution-oriented attitude.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to the details, accuracy and commitment to quality.
- Fluent English and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Your talent acquisition specialist Grace Cunningham is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button "Apply online" below.
Zurich wants to attract the best talent and we acknowledge that talents might not always be available full-time. At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working. Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of ways. Please talk to us during the interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our 53,000 employees worldwide live our values to protect you, to inspire confidence and help you reach your full potential. We promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, differently abled, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc.
Find out more About Us.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees.