Senior Controller - Business Controller
To strengthen our Controlling department, we are looking for a dynamic Business Controller. In this diverse and demanding role, you will be responsible for the controlling of one of our business units (as Business controller you will support the Head of Controlling in this role).
The Business Controller will support the growth of a specific business unit by contributing to establish a proper work organization, giving necessary tools to Management in order to steer the business and bringing to attention any issues regarding accounting, business procedures or finances.
He /she serves as an adviser for both company’s financial department and business leadership.
Business Controller Job Main Responsibilities
The Business Controller will support the Head of Controlling and the leadership team as a trusted co-pilot on a day to day as well on a long-term strategic view. He/she will support effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing and interpreting financial data with a focus on maximizing the profitability and return on investments. He/she will:
- Be responsible for the end month closing and review, in collaboration with the Finance team, for its business unit.
- Provide KPI’s and profitability analysis in order to support the managerial decision process.
- Support the Head Controlling in the budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Support and approve all business cases received from the operational teams. Provide recommendations and solutions to foster the right balance between operational and financial performance.
- Provide accurate and timely information to internal customers to support and challenge their decision-making process and to monitor their achievement vs budget targets
- Prepare ad-hoc evaluations on behalf of the management.
Who you are ?
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance in a corporate environment and/or audit firm.
- Degree in Economics/Finance/Controlling.
- Strong Accounting and Finance skills are required.
- You are able to set up priorities and respect deadlines (able to work under time pressure)
- Strong analytical, planning and organisation skills.
- Team player able to build cross-functional network within matrix and/or organisations.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Fluent in both German and English required. French is a plus.
We look forward to receiving your CV.