Are you interested in defining and refining methodology for the implementation of IFRS 17 for Life insurance and assess its implication on Group results?
As a Methodology lead you will work closely with global IFRS 17 project team as well as various Finance functions, including FAR, PPM, IT, IR and others to effectively implement IFRS 17 and embed it into business as usual. You will be supporting the local and group technical implementation of the new accounting Standards, support the local businesses in understanding it, providing guidance and training, and reviewing the implementation and the financial impact assessment.
The role requires appropriate understanding of the actuarial IFRS 17 methodology to provide support on specific technical implementation with guidance, training and support for the Business Units across the Group.
This a project role for 2 years with the potential for a more permanent role at the end of the project, subject to business approval. Your Role
As an IFRS 17 Life Actuarial Methodology Lead your main responsibilities will involve:
- Taking ownership of the Life Actuarial IFRS 17 methodology
- Communicate, align and syndicate methodology with relevant input providers and stakeholders
- Roll out methodologies to Life Actuarial and broader Finance community through constant training
- Communicate and socialize methodological changes across Group Actuarial and at business unit level
- Closely collaborate with other Finance functions on the implication of the methodology choices on the solutions design and their financial impacts
- Support the operationalization of IFRS17 methodologies from a process, system and data perspective
- Actively contribute to providing insight into the main drivers of profit under IFRS 17
Your Skills and Experience
As an IFRS 17 Life Actuarial Methodology Lead your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Mathematics/Statistics, Actuarial, Computer Science, Economics or similar
- 5 or more years of experience in financial industry, preferably in life economic valuation models and IFRS reserving
- Fully qualified actuary (per local society) or actively pursuing qualification
- Strong analytical skills and solution orientation
- Open to change, ability to focus on priorities, timely and effective work execution
- Communication, negotiation and persuasion skills in a business environment
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and conscious of deadlines
- Good project management skills, result-oriented work in a project environment
- Showing enthusiasm and having positive attitude
- Experience with actuarial systems (e.g. Prophet, Moses) will be an advantage
- Very good English skills, German will be an advantage
Your talent acquisition specialist Grace Cunningham is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button "Apply online" below.
Zurich wants to attract the best talent and we acknowledge that talents might not always be available full-time. At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working. Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of ways. Please talk to us during the interview about the flexibility you may need.Who we are
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our 53,000 employees worldwide live our values to protect you, to inspire confidence and help you reach your full potential. We promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, differently abled, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc.
Find out more About Us.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees.