The position has two main goals. Firstly, to lead all finance operational and planning processes, thereby ensuring control, accuracy, predictability and timely delivery of results, comparative analysis and commentary to the Finance Director. Secondly, to proactively support the Finance Director in tactical and strategic decisions across its organization worldwide managing notably projects in relation with its strategy / footprint evolution.
By its nature, the position requires a high level of financial expertise applied to the industrial manufacturing and service environment. This involves a strong ability to diagnose complex issues and make recommendations on a wide variety of topics including business, operation and R&D with a strong partnership with Executive and Middle-Level Management.
The scope of the position may evolve as the new Business Unit Printing & Converting (BU P&C) organization is being transformed.Main Responsibilities:
Functional and personal skills:
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing and commenting monthly financial performance of the Business Unit (6 international manufacturing sites and 7 European manufacturing sites with a turnover around 1 billion Swiss Franc). Lead all forecast-related processes and communicate operational KPIs to BU P&C Management.
- Develop, mentor and coach legal entities' Accounting and Controlling functions, in particular on Forecast accuracy, implementation of action plans and reporting.
- Help to follow-up Business Unit Global EBIT improvement plan, cost savings and initiatives as well as any financial business cases to facilitate and back-up decisions (i.e. project support such as strategy review, operational footprint, acquisitions, divestitures, …).
- Act as a business partner with the sites and BU P&C Management team to ensure we reach our financial and operational objectives.
- Review and identify operational and business gaps across the organization after the reorganization (processes, accounting rules, etc.): conduct audits accordingly and make recommendations to Management.
- Ensure strong collaboration and effective communication with Group Finance & the other BU S&P
Education and Experience:
- Result oriented with strong business partnering skills and mentality (Proactive attitude with an entrepreneurial mind-set)
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with Executive and Middle-Level Management (cross functional as well)
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with multiple legal Entities and Business Units in multiple countries
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Drive and self-motivation with the ability to work independently and deliver under pressure
- Effective presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Willingness to travel (less than 20%)
- CPA (CIMA, Swiss Expert or ACCA a plus) with an advanced university degree
- Minimum 10 years' experience gained in industrial market with at least 5 years in business controlling: audit experience is more than welcome
- Proven track records on large-scale project management in an international environment
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing costing
- Advanced knowledge of one consolidation tool (e.g. SAP BOFC), SAP FI CO, Business Intelligence (BI) and Excel
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) German and or Italian a serious advantage
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. We are present in over 50 countries. With more than 125 years of success in the markets, BOBST is always at the forefront of new technology developments to best respond to its clients' needs. Our leading position is due in particular to our capacity for innovation, the quality of our products and services, our values and the quality of our highly qualified staff.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.