We offer an exciting position within Energy Infrastructure Partners (EIP), an investment boutique specialized in private equity investments in the energy infrastructure sector. EIP is a pioneer in its field, acting as an investment manager for a large number of institutional investment vehicles and currently managing over CHF 3bn of capital.
The managed investment vehicles invest directly in energy infrastructure projects or companies that own, operate or develop assets along the entire energy value chain – from hydroelectric power plants, power and gas grids to solar and wind farms, both off- and onshore. With origins in Europe, the EIP team is currently expanding its focus to global investment activities with particular attention to OECD countries in Europe, APAC, the US and Latin America.
As a member of the Portfolio Management Team, the Associate will play a key transversal role within the organization, empowering Energy Infrastructure Partners (EIP) with modelling and valuation best practice and optimizing the risk-return profile of infrastructure portfolios.
- Participating in portfolio construction activities such as strategy, fund models, and industry benchmarking
- Acting as a treasurer, managing portfolio liquidity, mapping/monitoring and hedging against key portfolio risks
- Developing modelling best practices across EIP by reviewing transaction models and providing specific training to EIP analysts
- Supporting the valuation cycle, ensuring consistency of inputs and methodology across portfolio assets
- Contributing to the creation of a portfolio management suite, including automatization of processes, rationalization of procedures, and so on
- Providing ad hoc financial advice to Asset Management, Origination & Transactions and Investor Relations teams – depending on individual expertise – advising on refinancings, complex capital or tax structures, advanced valuation methodology, etc.
- On projects, coordinating resources and interacting with various stakeholders such as valuation agent, auditor, legal counsel, compliance, risk, investors, external advisors, etc.
You are an infrastructure modelling professional with a passion for digging into complex contractual clauses in a best-practice way, whether they are related to project finance, tax structures, PPAs, SPAs, or valuation.
- Curriculum demonstrating a passion to overachieve, either academically or in any other kind of undertaking; mentorship experience as project lead
- Professional experience of 4-8 years including building from scratch (and leading) complex state-of-the art infrastructure models on utility-scale projects, whether on the project finance lending side, developer/owner side, or valuation advisory side
- Outstanding holistic view in corporate finance with past exposure to several aspects of an infrastructure project (treasury, project finance, M&A, equity, development, advisory, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and problem-solving attitude, combined with an appetite for a complex legal and financial environment, to produce “extra-mile” analyses
- Team player, happy to offer help while also proactive and able to work independently if needed
- Very good knowledge of typical infrastructure contracts (SPA, PPA, credit agreement, etc.)
- Previous experience in the energy industry as a strong advantage
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent command of MS Office, Excel Guru
- We welcome diversity; we look forward to hearing about your unique compelling story
- Dynamic entrepreneurial environment with flat hierarchies and fast growth
- Competitive salary with performance-oriented compensation models
- Attractive workplace in the center of Zurich