Well-established financial institution based in Geneva. The Geneva office of this private banking group, offers a busy, collegial and small, close-knit team atmosphere, specialising on emerging markets. Their very centrally-located Geneva office is well-established and successful on these markets and busy developing new ones - central Asia, central Eastern Europe etc. As a dynamic, experienced private banking assistant, you can look forward to working in an entrepreneurial, meritocratic environment where you can be visible. A super General Manager at the helm who really looks after his staff. You will have opportunity to work on interesting projects and with a wide range of "assistant(e) de gestion" tasks.
Are you an experienced private banking assistant or assistant/e de gestion, speaking Russia with a few years+ experience behind you? If you are already based in Geneva and have had some exposure to clients from central Asia, Eastern Europe or equivalent this would help. You are at a private bank today and are looking for a new challenge or perhaps your current contract is ending soon? Either way, this could be the chance for a wonderful , permanent contract new job! My client offers a broad role in a more human-sized organisation, with a variety of different country coverage. As such, you must be comfortable to "muck-in" within a small office and comfortable on payments, occasionally passing orders and inputting them into the system, opening accounts, closing accounts etc.
As first point of contact for the clients, you will be supporting a busy, small team of senior relationship managers.
Your role will include the following elements:
- Supporting the relationship managers in all aspects of client service and administrative tasks in a responsible and independent way
- Processing client payments, stock exchange orders and any other transactions efficiently and swiftly in close collaboration with their headquarters
- Preparing business trips and client meetings
- Entering the trading orders - futures, options, bonds, equities, subscriptions, fiduciary deposits etc
- Liaising with the central functions at the headquarters (Credit, Tax, Legal & Compliance, Client Master Files etc.)
- Preparing the opening of bank accounts and ensuring excellent quality of all required documents; closing of bank accounts
- Also assisting in the running of this small office - ordering supplies and liaising with local suppliers
- Ensuring adherence to all external and internal policies and regulations within the team
- Minimum 3 years'+ relevant work experience as a private banking assistant, as you should be able to do the assistant/e de gestion job with minimal supervision
- Fluent in Russian and English - both these languages are a must; some French also needed
- You are experienced with an international clientele and understand the culture of these countries (ideally Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Central Europe etc)
- A dynamic, committed team player with a "can-do" attitude and strong work ethic
- A proactive, independent and highly reliable person who enjoys being part of a small office
- Someone who is flexible - able to deal with a lot of payments, trading orders (including derivatives) , speaking to clients and welcoming them on occasion to the office, as well as doing the more menial tasks in helping to run the office in general
- Used to opening and closing accounts and dealing with the peaks and troughs of work to include all the necessary administration and paperwork - so a diligent person with good attention to details and at ease passing complex orders
- An open minded, uncomplicated and multicultural person who is "roll up sleeves and muck in" type who can work under pressure and is flexible to go the extra mile etc.
- An ethical person with the right "attitude", who takes pride in their work
- At ease in a small structure
- Avaloq experience a strong plus but not a must , as well as good MS office skills
- A Swiss national or already in possession of a C or B permit
- Available to start ideally in March/April 2024 for this rewarding position (100% ideally but 90% also possible - usual office hours are 08.30-18.00)