EUROFIMA European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock is a supranational organization located in Basel, Switzerland. EUROFIMA fulfils a non-profit maximizing mission to support the development of public service passenger rail transportation in its contracting states. EUROFIMA supports its shareholder railways in renewing and modernizing their equipment by providing competitive financings.
At EUROFIMA, we work in small interactive teams and foster an environment for fast learners who are eager to create an impact with their daily work. From day one you will assume a high level of responsibility and independence to achieve our business objectives. We offer an international work environment and support our staff with their development through relevant trainings.
As of 1 February 2022 – or by arrangement – we are looking for a
Responsibilities and Impact:
In this role you will
- prepare and execute closing tasks according to IFRS
- prepare periodical (monthly, quarterly and annually) financial reportings including income
statement and balance sheet analysis and commentary
- prepare accounting assessments and IFRS memoranda
- perform bookkeeping tasks including accruals, depreciation and payroll accounting
- review, implement and improve financial processes and controls where necessary
- develop and execute internal controls to ensure compliance with internal governance
- support and contribute to projects and ad hoc requests
- support the ongoing development of the compliance framework
Qualifications and Experience:
- You hold a university degree in finance, economics or business administration or similar
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience a similar function in the banking, treasury or
investment management industry
- You have a solid accounting knowledge (IFRS), hedge accounting knowledge is an advantage
- You have a good technical knowledge of investment products and financial instruments
- You are an experienced Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) user, knowledge about SimCorp Dimension is an advantage
- You have strong numerical and analytical skills and pay attention to details
- You have a structured way of working and enjoy going into the details but never lose the «big picture»
- Fluent in German and precise communication and influencing skills in English (oral and written)
- You show trust and integrity as well as interest in the underlying business reasons, driving financial result
EUROFIMA is an equal opportunity employer, is committed to creating a diverse environment and supports flexible working arrangements.
The assignment is permanent. The place of work is Basel, Switzerland. We look forward to receiving your complete application at email@example.com not later than 12 November 2021.
If you have any questions concerning the position, please contact Benjamin Cueni, Head of Accounting, Controlling & Compliance, at firstname.lastname@example.org